Model VL with Auxiliary Lock
The Model VL with Auxiliary Lock incorporates a secondary push-button lock on the lock handle. This option is useful when moving material through tight spaces to ensure the lock handle is not bumped out of position. The operator must depress the push-button release before moving the lock handle to the “lock open” position.
Note: the auxiliary push-button lock is not required to rotate material through a 180° arc as is the case with most clamps offered by others. The standard lock handle also allows 180° rotation and is designed for remote release of the clamp once the material is at rest and secured.
Model VL – Vertical Lifting Clamp with Auxiliary Lock Features
Lifts from Horizontal to Vertical through a 180° arc
- Vertical lifting clamp capable of lifting material from a horizontal to vertical position before vertically transferring the material to another location. It is also designed to rotate material from a horizontal position to vertical and then roll the material over onto it’s other side through a 180° arc.
Locks Open and Locks Closed
- Locks open to protect the grippers when loading and unloading clamp.
- Locks closed onto material for a more secure lift.
Remote Release Lock Handle
- By attaching a tag line to the lock handle, the operator is able to lock open the clamp from a distance when the load is at rest and secured.
- Also available: Double Remote Locking Handle that also allows the operator to lock the clamp closed when loading the clamp from a distance using a second tag line.
3 Point Grip System
- Unique design has dual upper grippers that rotate into the jaw and a self aligning lower gripper pad to give you 3 separate gripping points for more stability and longer gripper life. Available on rated capacities of 2 ton and up.
Rated to lift material with a surface hardness up to 450 Brinell
Wide Jaw Openings – 2 to 3 times larger than other brands
- Safety Clamps, Inc. offers the widest standard jaw openings in the industry. Lower up front clamp cost, more diverse lifts, and less operator change out time.
High Strength Shock Resistant Steel
- Provides for longer clamp life.
Working Parts Protected
- Working parts remain inside the body at all times whether in the “locked closed” position or the “locked open” position. This protects the working parts from damage when rolling material over and when the clamp is stored and provides for longer clamp life.
Special Jaw Openings Available
- Fit the jaw opening to your material thickness range.
- Extend the grippers out for clearance.
- Shape the jaw opening to accommodate your lift.