The Model VLC is the same as the Model VL except it Locks Closed Only. The Model VLC requires the operator to manually hold the clamp in the “open” position when loading and unloading the clamp. Once loaded, the operator can then lock the clamp closed onto the material for a more secure lift.
Model VLC – Vertical Lifting Clamp Features
Lifts from Horizontal to Vertical – 180° arc
- Capable of lifting material from a horizontal to a vertical position before vertically transferring the material to another location. It is also designed to rotate material from a horizontal position to a vertical one and then roll it over on its other side through a 180° arc.
Remote Release Lock Handle
- By attaching a tagline to the lock handle, the operator is able to release the clamp from a distance when the load is at rest and secured.
3-Point Grip System
- The unique design has dual upper grippers that rotate into the jaw and a self-aligning lower gripper pad to give you 3 separate gripping points for more stability and longer gripper life. Available on rated capacities of 2 tons and up.
Rated to lift material with a surface hardness of up to 450 Brinell
Wide Jaw Openings – 2 to 3 times larger than other brands
- Safety Clamps, Inc. offers the widest standard jaw openings in the industry. Lower upfront clamp cost, more diverse lifts, and less operator change-out time.
Working Parts Enclosed
- Working parts remain inside the body at all times. This protects the working parts from damage when rolling material over and when the clamp is stored and provides for longer clamp life.
Special Jaw Openings Available
- Fit the jaw opening to your material thickness range.
- Extend the grippers out for clearance.
- Shape the jaw opening to accommodate your lift.